top of page

What do I need to get started?

KART-Figure out what class is best suited for you or your child. Check out our Kart Classes page for a better idea. Most drivers start off with used karts but ensure that any kart you purchase is legal for use with the MKA. Contact us if you have any questions

SAFETY GEAR-You will need an appropriate helmet, racing suit, gloves, neck collar, rib protector and shoes. We have an annual swap meet before the season starts and there are great deals to be had. Watch the Calender of Events page for the Swap Meet date. Click on link for specific safety gear requirements 

TOOLS/EQUIPMENT-You will need a kart stand to work on your kart and roll it to the grid, hand tools (sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers), fuel jug, compressor (12v will do), tire pressure gauge and a pop up shelter to give you some shade.

TRANSPORTATION-You need a way of getting your kart and equipment to the track. It is possible to fit your things in a trailer as small as 8' long and this can be towed by almost any small car, minivan or SUV but most people opt for something with a little more room.  If you do not have a way of getting your kart to the track, the MKA has 20 foot long, secure storage units at the track that can be rented for only $750.00 per year. These units are large enough to keep all your karts and equipment and serve as your home base at the track.

bottom of page